Friday, June 17, 2011

I've got Man Shoulders.

There was a time where I'd complain about my so-called "man shoulders" *cue Regina George voice*. Somehow, I was convinced that I had developed a boxier frame due to my years at the pool (thank you, butterfly stroke). This notion was confirmed thanks to my dad's relentless teasing.. He only teased me cause he knew better; he knew that broad shoulders weren't the end the world. In fact, broad (or feigned broad) shoulders might be a woman's gateway into what we'd call a man's world.

Balmain
 It's only until now that I can really say that I love a woman with strong shoulders. More importantly, I love a woman who isn't afraid to draw added attention to an area that has been previously associated to our male counterparts. I used to poke fun at my mum's old-school shoulder pads, but now I'm wondering Why should men get all the glory? I got shoulders too, y'all.. And they fine as hell!

An embellished frame can make you look taller, stand straighter, and embody the aura of an all-business-no-nonsense-type prowess.. In the snap of a finger, you're polished. You're tailored. You've added a feminine mystique to a once no-girls-allowed property.

This leads to my current situation: I'm on the search for the perfect blazer(s).

On my list already.. (Mmhmm, this post doubles as my shopping list. Girl's gotta multitask somehow.)


Alexander McQueen
The cream-coloured Crepe Blazer

Forever 21
The Studded Blazer
The Double-Breasted Blazer

The Gold-Buttoned  Blazer



Lili

The Electric Blue Blazer
The One-Button Blazer


Stella McCartney
The Black Boyfriend Blazer

Suit up, ladies..
XOXO, K

No comments:

Post a Comment